Welcome to Pangalpedia.
This platform aims to serve as a depository of information about the Pangals (Meitei-Pangals), the ethnic Muslim community of Manipur.
The mission is to create an online platform for easy access to information about the Pangals and facilitate effortless and easy uploading and updating of information. Pangals/Meitei Pangals/Manipuri-Muslims are an economically and historically underprivileged people of Manipur. They are one of the indigenous communities of Manipur with a unique history of their own. With two important primary historical texts (Nongsamei Puya and Pangal Thorakpa) and a rich collection of academic works on various streams including sociological, political, anthropological, literary, cultural and scientific areas, there still remains a large unexplored area which can be researched upon by the new generations. The main objective of the initiative is to facilitate easy availability and seamless circulation of information about the Pangals. A major part of this initiative is Pangal Thawanmichak, which is an effort to find out the various successful individuals from the Pangal community. This part has its unique approach and objectives that forms an integral component of the visions of Pangalpedia.
This mission includes the following objectives:
- Awareness and Mobilisation
- To ignite young minds and contribute to education and well-being of people.
- To inspire and support the youth in obtaining education which will give them the necessary strength to improve their lives and their communities
- Motivation through Success stories of the Pioneers amongst us
- To break the cycle of illiteracy in our society, through education and empowerment of the less privileged youths
- To ensure lifting the morale of struggling students with helping hands from our successful stars
- To assist, encourage and empower our youth to become torch bearers of our society
- Creating a database for future Reference and Research
- To ensure an objective knowledge building process in historical, social and cultural realms of the Pangal community; free of unscientific, stereotypical and biased knowledge productions.
- To promote free flow and exchange of knowledge across the spectrum of our society; inculcate the sense of rootedness, dedication and overall development of our state.
A Mission: A Vision : A Powerful thrust of Pangal's narrative.
- To facilitate education to the most deprived section of our society.
- To spread awareness of education to the public.
- To encourage meritorious students leap from lower to higher levels of study.
- To organise career-counselling and guidance programmes, so as to help in solving problems faced by students in career selection.
- To promote youths in the field of Arts, Culture and Science & Technology.
- To assist people of the Panagl community to acquire different levels of skills through appropriate developmental courses.
- To encourage youths to actively take part in various traditional, professional and adventure sports.
- To encourage cultural activities with a vision to protect traditional art forms, songs, language and food.
- To protect our environment by encouraging public participation in conservation of our environment.
- To bring harmony to the Manipuri society. To participate in nation building process.