- 1 Mehnaz Nasreen
- 2 Academic Qualifications:
- 3 Work Experience:
- 3.1 Founder Editor (2012-present)Youth Street News (YSN) Imphal, India
- 3.2 Organising events as a media partner in various youth basedprogrammes.
- 3.3 Guest Lecturer (2015-2016)
- 3.4 Communication Editor (2012-2013)
- 3.5 Communication Manager (2011-2012)
- 3.6 Correspondent cum Sub-Editor (2010-2011)
- 3.7 Copy Editor (2010)
- 3.8 Internships:
- 4 Awards and Accolades:
- 5 Seminars and Conferences:
- 6 Co-curricular Activities:
- 7 Languages Known:
- Father’s name : Abdus Salam
- Mother’s name: Naziratun Nisa
- Marital Status : Unmarried
- Blood Group : O+
- Hometown : Imphal, Manipur, India
- Master of Mass Communication from Guru Gobind Singh Indraprashtha University, Delhi (2010), First Class with distinction
- B.A. in English Honours from MCM DAV College for Women, Panjab University, Chandigarh (2008), First Class
- 12th Passed from Manipur Public School, Imphal, CBSE (2005), First Division
- 10th Passed from Manipur Public School, Imphal, CBSE (2003), First Division
Founder Editor (2012-present)Youth Street News (YSN) Imphal, India
- Managing Trustee of Youth Street Foundation
- Editing, writing, reporting and reviewing contents of the Youth Street News website and magazine
- YSN Event Management: ShiRock 2017,2018, 2019, NEDS 2017, Ballot Jam Series, Sangai Festival Pre-Events 2016,2017 and many more.
- Promotion of brands, handling government related projects, public relation and networking
Organising events as a media partner in various youth basedprogrammes.
- Conducting competitions like quiz competition, blog writing competition and the like on various youth issue Hafiz Hatta, Imphal East Manipur-795001
Guest Lecturer (2015-2016)
DM Community College, Imphal, India
- Teaching Media related subjects; Journalism, News Writing, Editing etc.
- Personality Development classes, skill development classes, etc.
Communication Editor (2012-2013)
Apeejay Education Society, Delhi, India
- Writing, editing and managing articles for Apeejay’s various publications like brochures, news, and advertorials
- Created an in-house newspaper for Apeejay’s various schools, colleges and university all over the country
- Managing advertisements and its contents
- Co-ordinating with heads of the schools and colleges
Communication Manager (2011-2012)
North East Centre for Environmental Education and Research (NECEER), Delhi, Imphal, India
- Writing, editing and managing articles for NECEER’s various publication
- Public relation and networking
- Organising various campaigns, events, seminars, public awareness programmes on environmental issues
- Executive editor for NECEER’s Passion Photography Magazine
- Copy editor for NECEER’s international research journal NeBio
- Managing social media and various NECEER’s online websites
Correspondent cum Sub-Editor (2010-2011)
The Sunday Indian of Planman Media (TSI), Delhi, India
- Writing and reporting hard stories, human interest stories, investigative ones, interviews and many more for TSI magazine and its supplementary
- Writing and editing for TSI website
- Worked as a shift head for TSI website, with 30 subordinates under her.
- Coordinating events for Planman Media
- Mentoring and giving training to new recruits
Copy Editor (2010)
The Hindustan Times Private Limited (HT), Delhi, India
- Editing articles of various beats for Hindustan Times
- Writing columns for youth newspaper Hindustan Times Edge
- Writing news on health sector
- Freelancing for HT Edge
- Two months training at ‘Barcroft Media’, a London based news agency, in India on picture desk (2010)
- One and half months training in ‘Hindustan Times’ on reporting, editing and designing (2009)
- Two months training in ‘Times Internet Limited’ on content writing and brand promotion(2009)
- One month editorial internship with ‘The Viewspaper’, an online news portal (2009)
Awards and Accolades:
- ‘Certificate of Appreciation’ for successfully organising ‘ShiRock 2017, 2018 & 2019, an international music festival’, Ukhrul, Manipur.
- ‘Scholl Research Special Mention Award’ for my work on the conservation of Loktak Lake
- Global Sustainable Development Summit 2016 towards United Nations Sustainable Development Goals 2020 in Guwahati, India ‘Youngest Panelist’
- ‘Certificate of Appreciation’ for my youth news organisation’s contribution in organising World Youth Summit 2015, Imphal, India
- ‘Certificate of Appreciation’ for my youth news website’s contribution in organising Enviro Youth Summit of Manipur 2012
- Gold Medal on winning State Level Karate Championship 1998
- Gold, Silver, Bronze medals on winning in various sports like shotput, javeline etc during school annual sport function
Seminars and Conferences:
- Attended Global Sustainable Development Summit 2016
- Attended World Youth Summit 2015, Imphal, India
- Attended Global Youth Meets 2016, Imphal, India
- Conducted Enviro Youth Summit in Delhi and Imphal for North East Centre for Environmental Education and Research, NECEER. 2010-2011
- Volunteer of North East Centre for Environmental Education and Research, NECEER since its inception.
- Delhi Coordinator of Worldwide Save Loktak Lake Campaign. Headed National Save Sangai campaign.
- Promoted education among underprivileged children in association with an NGO called Orphan Care and Education Foundation.
- Participated in various sports and outdoor activities including rock climbing, karate etc. winning medals.
- Organised and partnered with various national and international youth summits in India.
• English, Hindi, and Manipuri